Casa Peonia – Appartment in Sorrento center
In Piazza Sant’Antonino, in the center of Sorrento, the apartment can accommodate up to 4 people.
Bedroom, living room, kitchen with dining area, bathroom with shower.
Balconies overlooking the square. Wifi and air conditioning.
Located in the historic center of Sorrento, the apartment Casa Peonia enjoys a privileged position and is equipped with all amenities.
It can accommodate up to 4 guests in a double bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room.
The bright living room has a balcony overlooking the square. Books, TV, sofa and coffee table make it perfect for relaxation.
The dining table in the kitchen is for 6 people. The kitchen has a stove, oven, electric oven, refrigerator, freezer, and all necessary utensils.
The bathroom features a bidet and shower, and a washing machine as well.
WiFi access is in all areas and air conditioning in the sleeping areas.
The apartment Casa Peonia is on the second floor of the building, whose access is by a small alley from Piazza Sant’Antonio.
It does not have an elevator.
The apartment is located in Piazza Sant’Antonino, in the center of Sorrento. This square is the seat of the municipality of Sorrento and the Basilica of St. Anthony, in which the remains of the patron saint of the city are preserved.
Very close to the apartment are some of the best Sorrento bars and restaurants: it is just around the surrounding streets that life takes place in the city, among shops, handcraft and gastronomy.
The central location makes easy to explore the city of Sorrento and its surroundings.
In addition, the means of transport are frequent and efficient:
– Ferries to the islands of Capri and Ischia leave from the port of Marina Piccola, a few steps from the apartment (about 300 meters);
– The local station, about 500 meters, is the starting point of all buses and trains to any tourist destination: Pompeii, Herculaneum and Naples (by train); Amalfi, Sorrento and airports (by bus).
In Sorrento is not essential to have a car, because to drive and find parking is not always easy. Moreover, transportation to local points of interest are frequent and well-functioning. But if you prefer to come by car, here are our tips for parking:
– You can find a parking space on the side of road or in the square, in blue lines: on payment from 8am to midnight (2EUR per hour), free during the night.
– A good alternative for those days when you do not use the car (for example, if you go to Capri or stay in Sorrento) is the Central Parking. This car park is located 400 meters from the Apartment and cost 18EUR per day (free shuttle service from 8am to 8pm), it opens from 6:30am to 11pm.
– Public parkings (open 24/24h) cost 2,50EUR per hour or 25EUR per day.
Please note that from the 1st of April to the 31st October in Sorrento a Tourism Tax applies to non-residents overnight staying, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights
The Tourism Tax rate is 3 Euros per person per night, and it is not applied to children up to 18 years old.
Upon arrival, you will have to show an identity document and pay the City Tax in cash.