traveller information to find out more about all the ways in which you can travel around Sorrento area.
Local buses are a quick, convenient and cheap way to travel around the area, with plenty of sightseeing opportunities along the way.
They are useful to travel around the municipality of Sorrento, Sant’Agnello, Piano di Sorrento, Meta di Sorrento, Massa Lubrense, Positano
The EAV bus – Linea A runs between Massa Lubrense, Sorrento,
Sant’Agnello, Piano di Sorrento, Meta di Sorrento.
The SITA bus has many lines around the area, included one to the Amalfi Coast. For all SITA bus timetables, visit SITA SUD TRASPORTI.
a EAVbus you can buy the ticket on the bus, with an extra fee;
you can also buy a ticket at any tobacconist’s or tourist office.
- On a SITA
busyou can’t pay bus fares with cash; you must buy a ticket at any tobacconist’s or tourist office. A singlelocal bus fare costs £1.30.
- In most cases, buses only stop on request. To ask the driver to let you off at the next bus stop, press one of the red buttons which can be found on the upright metal posts throughout the bus. You will probably hear a bell and see a “bus stopping” light appear at the front of the bus.
Use the Circumvesuviana train to travel between Naples and Sorrento. This line has many important stops, such as Pompei and Ercolano.
You can check the train timetable on the EAV Official Website.
- The train runs efficiently every half-hour from 6:09 am to the last train at 10:42 pm. The whole journey (Napoli – Sorrento) takes 1 hour.
- How much you pay depends on the destination, but it’s always cheap.
- You cannot buy the ticket in advance, there is a ticket office at every train station.
- There can be pickpocketing in stations and trains, but we only suggest to stay alert.
The main port is Marina Piccola, in Sorrento. There are 4 ferry lines: Naples, Capri, Ischia and Positano / Amalfi.
For all the ferry timetables, visit the Alilauro Official Website.
- You can purchase your tickets online or at the ticket office at the port.
- The ferry to Positano and Amalfi only runs from April to October.
- You can reach the port on foot from Piazza Tasso, the main square of Sorrento, or using the public lift located in the public garden Villa Comunale.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/sorren06/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 177